- Whip’N Mix Chef
- 3 tbsp strong mustard
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1¼ cup oil (sunflower or canola)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice)
- In the Whip ‘N Mix Chef, combine the mustard, egg yolks, salt, pepper and 45 mL/3 tbsp oil, cover and whip on gear I for 10 sec.
- Attach the funnel to the cover then pour in the remaining oil while whipping constantly on gear I.
- Add the vinegar through the funnel, switch to gear II and whip for 10 sec.
- If you like firm mayonnaise, you can stop here. If you like creamier mayonnaise, add 15–30 mL/1–2 tbsp water through the funnel and whip on gear II for a few seconds. Store in liquid-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Cheer up your mayonnaise by choosing one of the following flavor variations, add after step 4, then mix on gear II for a few seconds.
- 30 mL/2 tbsp ketchup, 10 mL/2 tsp whisky or cognac and 5 mL/1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and pressed) and 5 mL/1 tsp paprika powder.
- 5–6 sprigs of chopped herbs (parsley, chervil, chive or cilantro).
- 50 g chopped pickles, 30 mL/2 tbsp chopped capers, 2–3 sprigs of chopped herbs (parsley, chive, tarragon) and a pinch of chili powder.
- Replace the vinegar with 15 mL/1 tbsp lemon juice and the zest of ½ lemon.
- Curry sauce
- 15 mL/1 tbsp curry powder.
- 15 mL/1 tbsp grated horseradish.