- Whip’N Mix Chef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated sugar (see notes)
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream chilled
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter very cold
- ½ cup add-ins of choice (chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits)
- Remove the rack from the oven and preheat to 425° F/220° C.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar until no lumps remain.
- In the Whip ‘N Mix Chef, add heavy cream, cover and whip on gear I until soft peaks.
- Using the SpeedyMando Grater, grate the butter into the Whip ‘N Mix Chef. Cover and whip on gear I until combined.
- Add the sifted ingredients to the whipped cream mixture in 2 batches, switch to gear II and mix just until dough is combined. If using additional flavoring ingredients add them now and mix on gear II.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until fully combined and smooth.
- Place the Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on the cold oven rack.
- Roll the dough out into a circle approx. 3 cm/1¼” thick and 16 cm/6″ in diameter.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces and place them on the Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim.
- Bake for 12–15 min. Serve warm.
You can make savory scones by reducing the sugar to 1/2 tsp.